Course Assistants for Summer 2017 Study Abroad Programs
$500 stipends available for June and July Programs
We are seeking five (5) Course Assistants for the Kinesiology and Health Study Abroad programs for the following study abroad courses:
1. Classic and Contemporary Approaches for Stress Management (June 13-26, 2017)
2. Exploring the Origins of the Mediterranean Diet in Crete Island (July 11-31, 2017)
All applicants must be enrolled in the abroad course for which they are applying. Support in terms of $500 per course assistant will be awarded.
- Serve as group "leader: for an assigned group of approximately 3 to 7 students, depending on group size.
- Assist with set up of materials, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Assist faculty with on-site logistics for program.
- Be available to answer questions for fellow students in regards to deadlines, logistics and coursework.
- Distribute teaching materials such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
- Assist in the program's social media efforts by posting on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter while abroad.
- Participate in minimum of one study abroad fair/event/meeting after the trip concludes.
- Submit one article after the conclusion of the program to be used in advertising the abroad program at Rutgers (e.g., SAS digest, departmental website, brochure).
- Must be registered for the study abroad course to which you are applying
- Excellent organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead peers
Please send a statement of interest and an updated resume to:
Joanne G. Hunt, M.A.
Department of Kinesiology and Health
Assistant Teaching Professor
Undergraduate Academic Director
Internship Program Director
Deadline: May 1, 2017
Interviews will be scheduled the week of May 8th for qualified applicants.