EXERCISE SCIENCE or SPORT MANAGEMENT
Students who wish to declare a major in Exercise Science or Sport Management must:
- Have completed a minimum of 1 semester at Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
First Semester Transfer Students are eligible to declare if they have transferred into Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a minimum of 15 credits.
- Attend a department declaration meeting
- Wednesday, September 18th 8-10 AM Livingston Campus (registration closed)
- Thursday, September 26th 7-9 PM Busch Campus (registration closes September 25th 3:00pm)
- Tuesday, October 29th 9-11 AM College Ave Campus (registration closes October 28th 1:00pm)
- Monday, November 18th 7-9 PM Cook/Douglas Campus (registration closes November 18th 8:00am)
- Friday, December 13th 1-3 PM Cook/Douglas Campus (registration closes December 12th 3:00pm)
Meetings for declaring a major are scheduled throughout the fall and spring semesters. Students must register online for one of these orientations. At the start of each semester, the link to register for a declaration meeting will be available and posted on the department website. Registering for a declaration meeting indicates your attendance for a selected meeting date.
Students in the Schools of Arts and Sciences (SAS) or the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS) will use the MyMajor system to submit the major declaration request. The declaration request will be approved after the student attends the department declaration meeting.
Students from other schools within Rutgers University - New Brunswick can declare a major in Exercise Science or Sport Management only with approval of the Dean of their school.
As of Fall 2018, incoming SEBS students will not be able to declare a major in Sport Management. Students who enrolled in SEBS Spring 2018 or earlier are eligible to declare a major in Sport Management. All SEBS students are eligible to declare the Exercise Science major.